Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Why Now?



Sorry friends and family for the sudden decision! There were so many things at play that lead to the final, and quick decision to get married, not the least of which was to be there on the first day. Jan, my stepmom, said that while they won’t be there physically, we’ll feel their presence in the room (hopefully I won’t make their spirits as stressed out as I do their physical beings). I expect the ceremony to be very brief and informal. At the time of this posting, I have no idea how the ceremony works. I know we get our license at 9:30am and the ceremony is at 10:30am. I wonder if we need vows. We’re honored to have Lisa, one of my oldest friends, and Holly, Kelly’s sister, as witnesses. Thank you both for taking time out of your busy lives to be there for us! When I look back at all the great times in my 20’s, most of them were spent with Lisa, Suzanne and Monica. Lisa and I were roommates for years and she pulled me out of the closet – was the first person I told. Actually, the conversation went like this, “(Lisa) TC, are you gay?” “(TC) No.” “(Lisa) TC, are you sure?” “(TC) No.” “(Lisa) Ok, that’s a start.”

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I can not tell you how happy I am for you both. Tom, to see you so happy and to see what an amazing person you have found in Kelly makes me amazed at how full circle things have come.
Congratulations and I love you both!

Kristi

Brenda said...

How cool are you guys!?!? Congratulations..can't wait to hear all about everything! Love you both! Kisses, Brenda