Monday, June 16, 2008

San Francisco

I can’t imagine being anywhere but here for this wedding. San Francisco is such an amazing city. I remember the first time I saw it about 14 years ago. I thought it was absolutely beautiful. It’s like no other city I’d ever seen. It doesn’t feel like you’re even in the United States. It disorients you. My plane must have taken a wrong turn and gone to…..Europe? The Mediteranean? All you want to do is explore and get to know every block it. On the right day, from the right vantage point, I could just stare at the city for hours. It’s like having a crush. It’s a city that knows and embraces its past without sentimentalizing it. And of course, it’s Gay, USA. If we’re going to get married it might as well be at the epicenter of it all.

--Kelly

No comments: