Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In Just 2 Hours...



In a couple of hours, we'll be married. We were never big on marriage. We used to argue it was a straight institution. So, why marriage and why now? I’ve loved Kelly for a fourth of my existence. The last 10 years have been the happiest of my life. They say relationships take work. I’ve never felt like this is work. Don’t get me wrong, he drives me crazy. He’s messy and unorganized. I’m neat and planful. I’m frantic and obsessive. He’s calm and realistic. He has to be a lot more patient with me, than I do with him. We’re both a little co-dependant. We’re not perfect and our relationship is not perfect but I think we do well at managing perspectives – knowing what’s important. We never go to bed angry and we say “I love you” everyday. Somehow, it all works well and everyday I am grateful we are together. Our relationship is as honorable and productive as any marriage in existence and should be recognized. So, here we are in California – seizing the opportunity (and sounding a little self-righteous in the process!).

No comments: