Thursday, June 19, 2008

17 Years Since I've Seen Skinny!




I'm floored by the dinner I just had with my old fraternity brother, Skinny. Kelly challenges me to find a fraternity brother that doesn't have a nickname. In this case, Skinny = Brad Thompson. Skinny has lived in Phoenix since 1990 with his gorgeous wife Michelle and their daughter Hannah (13) and son Nicholas (11). Hannah is a bright young lady with an impressive text record (12,000 texts in one month!!) and Nicholas is sure to be an architect or engineer. I'm not surprised to learn they have bright, great-looking kids and we can't wait to meet them.

I haven't seen Skinny or Michelle since they were married, 17-years ago. They are great role models for marriage and we had an incredible night, reminiscing about our college years and all the high jinks. It just goes to show that while good friends’ lives change with marriage, kids, work, travel, and while our time together is infrequent, the bonds run deep.

Tonight we celebrated our memories, friendships, relationships and families. It was an extraordinary joy. Here are some pictures from the evening. Skinny, Michelle, Lisa , and Dennis: THANK YOU for an incredible night.


No comments: